4.15.2009

a trailer! - 4/15

Josh is in Winnipeg right now (actually, he's most likely started on his way home by now) to pay for and pick up our new (to us) tent trailer!!!!
Yay!! And thank you so so much, Mom and Dad! We can't wait to drive out to see you this summer - only a few months away now!
I'm so excited to see it, and I'll be sure to take some pictures when we get it set up to check it out. The kids are very excited to be able to sleep and camp out, especially Zech - he doesn't like tents much at all... a lot like someone else I know! Our only problem will be keeping them out of the trailer until it's actually warm enough to use it! I foresee some front yard camp-outs, I think.

And that's about all I know right now. Pictures will definitely be taken and shared, the kids will be so happy, and Josh and I can relax a bit now.

Nothing much else happening - school for the kids, everyone's healthy and doing fine.
Well, except for Zech and his pants - he's started the "wear through the knees of every pair of pants we have" stage (Ruthie did this same thing, too, last year). Now this is most definitely annoying, because pants aren't free. But it's mostly annoying and totally impractical because this kid has the strangest body shape ever. No, I take that back. He's built just like my dad - or Mr. Bean. (ha!) He needs a size 5 (now) for length... but his waist could probably fit in a 24 month size pair. Thus, no pants in town really fit him. There is one place in Winnipeg that I have bought all his jeans at for the past few years, but it's in Winnipeg, not next door! I also need to check out "Old Navy" and see if their pants will fit him.
Anyways, the kid needs jeans, jogging pants, and pajamas - basically everything involving bottoms halves he needs. He has 12 pairs of pants (I counted!) and has 5 pair that still have knees... I've also patched the knees of 2 more pairs the other night. And he's outgrowing his pajamas, but I can't find ones to fit him in town either.
Obviously, we need to get in to Winnipeg at some point in time... soon... well, that or it's gotta get warm enough for shorts around here!

Other than that, we're all doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment