6.11.2012

It has been a busy past few weeks. I am back home now, and getting back into the swing of things.

On May 23rd Levi and I flew to NS. We were able to see my gram that night (we drove straight from the airport to the hospital). She recognized me, spoke to me, and gave me a kiss and a hug. She passed early Friday morning.
I was able to help my parents with sorting through Gram's things, and getting things planned and arranged for the viewing and funeral. I am so glad I was able to be there.
While out there we were able to get in some visiting as well: visiting with friends and family, meeting some new little ones that I've never met before, and everyone got to meet Levi.
While the circumstances weren't good, it was a good visit.

The older kids all stayed home with Josh, as he's still on leave from work, so they were able to continue going to school and their activities. They also went to a friend's birthday party on May 27th and performed in a talent show! Josh videotaped it to put online so we could watch them too - talent show .
(Speaking of videos, I still haven't gotten the videos of Ruth's play online yet. I'll get there. Sometime.)

Levi and I flew back home on June 7th. We didn't arrive until 11pm, so we stayed overnight in a hotel and Josh drove in Friday morning with the kids to pick us up. We got everything done for the new car and drove both vehicles home.
Saturday we went to town and got things done for the new van. More importantly, though, Zech had his karate testing that afternoon and passed - he'll receive his yellow belt this week!
The fair was in town last week/weekend. Obviously we didn't have much chance to go, so we watched the weather for yesterday. It started out rainy and cold, but cleared off before noon, so we packed up and headed in to the fair. The kids got to go on lots of rides and get some treats, and the weather held off until the end of the day - then a big storm blew over and rained us out. But at least we got there this year. I wasn't sure it would happen at all for us... to be honest, that wouldn't have upset me much. But the kids always have a fun day there.

It doesn't seem like near that much when I type it out here, but trust me that it was a busy time for us all! Pictures to come shortly... and maybe those play videos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment