8.01.2012

quick update

Things have been busy, though we've done nothing... at least it feels that way, anyways.
Nana and Papa left 2 weeks ago, we then took a few days resting at home - plus it was coming to the weekend and we don't like camping on the weekend - too many people!
The next week we had optometrist appointments (Josh and the older kids, everyone is a-ok), Zech had karate on Thursday, and I had a dentist appointment myself last Friday. Our friends needed help with morning farm chores as well, so we went and did those every morning from Wednesday until Sunday - with some swimming and a BBQ thrown in!
This week we've done some much-needed grocery shopping, and Isaac had another dentist appointment this morning for his cleaning and whatnot and also for another filling. He did pretty good, but was more anxious this time around (Josh said). He was supposed to go back in 2 weeks for his last filling, but the dentist recommended giving him a bit longer between now and then, so we rescheduled it for the 29th. Josh took Isaac to Walmart and let him pick out a new toy - I think that helped calm the jitters too!

Speaking of Isaac, his ear seems to be doing all right. For the first few days we were giving him tylenol and advil every 4 hours or so - if not, his ear started hurting. The next couple days he didn't mention it bothering him during the day, but it would start to hurt at bedtime when he needed to lay down, so we gave him something for pain then. I think yesterday was the first day he has had nothing all day or night, and he slept fine even with the dentist looming this morning. Today he's had nothing again. He did say something about it bothering him as we were reading his bedtime story, but I'm waiting it out - if he sleeps fine I won't bother him, if he wakes I'll give him something.
We also found earplugs and the headband and have used those for swimming and baths (when he gets his head wet). He still can't really jump in the pool or dive under the water, but at least he can be in with everyone and we don't have to worry about splashing. We were supposed to use those for a week, which would be today I guess, but I think we'll continue using them through the weekend just to be on the safe side.
It seems like it's healing though - with no further/worsening pain or complaints from him, I assume so.

I have some photos on my camera that I really need to get on here... but I haven't yet. I've been busy with chores and playing with the kids, and being "houtside" with Levi (he asks multiple times a day, loves playing in his water table!). But I hope to get around to them before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment