4.02.2006

spring break - 4/2

This past week was 'spring break' for the schools, so Josh had the week off from student teaching. It was so nice to have him home!! We did nothing, really, but still were busy running around!! We went to the Winter Fair (they always have it during spring break week) 3 times, twice on Thurs. and once yesterday, thanks to friends of ours helping out with passes!
The kids had an absolute blast seeing everything! They both liked the petting farm best - Zech for the animals, especially the "doggies" (goats... but he refused to call them goats!) and Ruthie because that's what our friends were working at the whole week, so while we were there she was able to run around and play with her friend, Jeff!
We were able to stay after they closed on Thurs. night, and Ruthie was able to help with feeding the baby goats! Josh got a picture of her bottle feeding one, which we'll have to scan and post in a photo album. Zech got to run around by himself in the goat pen, which he loved! He's such a gentle kid, and just loves all animals! He also really liked the baby chicks ("bebe birds") and had to tell everyone what they were. He had fun touching them and laughing as they ran away from him!
What else has been happening... hmmm....
We had our 32wk prenatal last Tues. Everything is good with Peanut and me, I'm still measuring exactly where I should be, so it seems that that's our little miracle! Baby has decided to turn head down, and we're all hoping s/he decides to stay put!!
I'm starting to get a bit antsy wanting to get things unpacked and ready for the baby. I really need to find a dresser, so I have somewhere to put baby's clothes! That's the first step, I guess. Then I'll be able to get everything washed up and set up, and then it's just a matter of waiting until baby decides to show up. :o) I've still got May 4 stuck in my head, for whatever reason. I guess we'll see what reason when the 4th comes!
I feel kind of bad that part of why I'm excited about the baby coming is because Mom is coming out for a while (and hopefully Dad for a little bit, too)!! I can't wait to see Mom, but more than that, I can't wait to see Ruthie and Zech being able to spend time with her!! It will be a bit hairy and interesting, I think, for her to get out, but once she's on the plane we're set... I hope!! If we knew when baby was coming, we could try to plan something, but with the way things are that's not really possible. As it is, I think we'll be calling home as soon as labor starts and getting friends to watch the kids until Mom arrives. Hopefully there'll be a flight right away when she needs it! We'll be praying for smooth sailing for all this!!!!
-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment