6.29.2006

meet baby smurf - 06/29

Well, we now have a smurf for a baby! ha!Isaac got really bad cradle cap, baby acne, and thrush last week. The cradle cap cleared up really quickly with just tea tree oil, which is awesome! And the baby acne is pretty much gone with some urea cream (josh says it's "pee cream"). And we're working on the thrush... as you can tell, using gentian violet! Sure, we have a blue baby (among other things!), but it's totally worth it! I was only a feeding or two away from totally giving up nursing, so this blue baby is saving us having to pay for formula. :o) It was to the point of me crying through every feeding all day Monday, but I started to get some (though very little) relief on Tuesday. Today is even better, though not totally normal yet. But we're getting there!!!This is the picture from the photo shoot that I sent out in the birth announcement cards. I'm thinking they've probably arrived now (or should have!), so I shouldn't be ruining the surprise for anyone. If you haven't gotten a card yet, well, here's the pic you'll be seeing! Oh, a note, too - the footprints on the front of the card are Isaac's actual footprints, though of course not actually that small.This is me trying to convince Isaac NOT to cry so we could just get a good picture of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment