10.08.2006

Happy Thanksgiving!! - 10/08

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!! Hope yours is a good one!!
We're all just sitting around here. The kids are watching a movie, Josh is playing video games, Isaac is napping, and I'm... well, I'm typing this! Our chicken is in the oven, roasting away.
Hard to believe that one week from today, we will officially have our house! We're hoping to pack up the car and the van that day and move a bunch of stuff. I think we'll be able to make a good size dent in the stored stuff in the shed, if nothing else. Then, during the week, I'll pack up decorations and pictures from the house, and later in the week I'll take clothes and dishes and toys we don't need for a few days here, and get all that moved. I'm hoping that by the time the following weekend comes, we'll only have large things left to move.
I can't wait!!! I'm getting very excited to move, especially for the space we'll have! I wonder if it will feel lonely to not have someone under foot ALL the time? :o) But I'll know exactly where to find them, if need be!
The other night I put Isaac in his bassinet and was looking at how HUGE he is in it. He's got barely a 1/2 inch left to go before reaching both ends at once. I feel so bad leaving him in it this long, but there's just not room for anything more up there. So, I was thinking about how nice it'll be for him to get his crib. And then I really looked at our bedroom... and realized that Ruthie's bedroom in the new house is about the same size as our room here... and her's is the smallest room!! How awesome it'll be to have space to breathe! And how nice (and necessary) it will be for Ruthie to have her very own bedroom. She so desparately craves alone time that sometimes she locks herself in the bathroom with toys to just not have Zech bugging her. Poor girl!
Speaking of Ruthie, she is SO enjoying her dance class!! I'm so happy that we were able to make this happen for her. She has a great time, and for the most part, she's doing really well listening to the teacher and doing what she's asked to - sometimes with the wrong foot or hand, but that's okay!!! She's always excited to go to the next class, and is always asking how many more sleeps!
Oh, before I forget to mention it, I think Isaac is getting his FIRST TOOTH!! All ready!!!! I couldn't believe it, but there's a teeny tiny sharp white point poking through the gum, bottom left. WOW!!! It seems WAY too early for him to be getting teeth, but I know some kids do this early. It's just that Ruthie didn't get her first tooth until 8 months, and Zech was 7 months, so I never expected this so early for any of our kids! But, that's okay, he's just gonna be a different kid!!
And I think that's it from this end... or rather, the middle, really. We're always missing all of you. And thinking of you, especially during holidays. I wish we were able to share these times with our family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that you are almost in your house!! I wish we were there to help you guys with the move, and repay the gift you gave to us!

    BLESSINGS AS YOU MOVE

    Delores

    ReplyDelete