3.13.2007

We can see! - 03/13

We had an appt with the optometrist on Saturday for everyone. I wasn't planning to have Isaac checked, because I thought he was too young, but apparently they actually recommend to have the first eye exam after 6 months of age, so we did him too!
Josh no longer needs glasses at all. Lucky guy! His one eye (he has quite bad damage to the retina from hockey and other sports hits) is pretty bad, but his right eye is better than 20/20, so it actually kinda makes up for the bad eye. The dr said he could give Josh glasses, if Josh really wanted them, but it wouldn't make a difference in his vision. Though, if he starts having headaches again, we'll get him a pair. We think he used to have bad headaches because, in university, he was doing way more reading textbooks and such.
My eyes haven't changed much at all since the last time I had them checked. I didn't think they had, as I can still see well with the glasses I got then, but wanted to be sure. I will be getting new glasses, though, because the lenses are going spotty on the ones I have now.
Isaac is a bit far sighted, which is normal and actually good for his age. He has no turning in of the eyes or anything. He actually did the best of all the kids during his exam, though they all were really good - he really likes lights and had to look at one, so he did great!
Zech, who I was sure needed glasses, is just a bit far sighted - again that's normal and actually a good thing at his age. The Dr did say if Zech continues to complain about his eyes hurting and getting headaches, that we should have him seen by our family doctor to find the cause, because now we know it isn't his eyes.
Ruthie is the one who really surprised me! I was sure she was fine, no problems. Turns out she has astigmatism. Right now it's borderline for glasses, so the Dr said unless it's a problem for her (she has headaches, squints a lot) we won't get her glasses right now, but if those things start we should bring her back in and get something for her. After that Josh and I talked to her about how she needs to tell us if she's got headaches or anything like that. I don't know if it is because we talked to her about it, but she says she's had a headache now since yesterday morning. I'm going to give it a bit, to see if it's because of the appt and all, or if it's real, and then decide about taking her back in.
So, that's our eyes done! The kids go back in a year, Josh and I go back in 2. :o)
Isaac "officially" has his 2nd tooth finally!! It's popped through enough now that you can actually see it, not just feel it in there, so I'm considering it through! Only took 2 months to follow the first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment