3.16.2007

Yay! - 03/16

Nothing major to report, but I wanted to post this anyways.
We got our taxes done Monday night (only took 3+hours, but that's a story all to itself), and got the cheque thrown in the bank. I figure it should have cleared and all by now, and I don't think that matters for online bank transactions, anyways?
So, I called Revenue Services and got my balance on my student grant overaward. I just went and paid it all off! Yay!!
I know it's a little thing, in the grand scheme of all the student debt Josh and I have, but it feels like it's a start, feels like it's made a difference.
:o)
The best part about having that paid off, and having the taxes done, is that I can get Josh to bring home his paper shredder from school and I can shred all of last year's stuff! I love doing that!! Yes, I know I'm strange.

As for life here, things are pretty good. Isaac's second tooth is slowly coming more and more into view. It doesn't seem as noticable to me yet as his first one was at this point, I think just because it's now in comparison to his ONE HUGE tooth! It really is cute. I should remember to take some more pictures of his lonely tooth before its friend really joins it!
Ruth and Zech are good. They're a bit stir crazy today, though.
On Monday Josh got to school fine, but then got sick and vomited in the staff room. :P They called in a sub for him and though he started feeling better, the sub was all ready there. So, home he came. By the time he got here, he was feeling pretty much completely fine. The day was really nice, hit nearly 15 degrees!! We went for a walk to get the mail with the kids, and let them play outside for a long while. They LOVED that!! Then Tuesday was a bit colder again, but we had dance in town that night, so it wasn't too bad, we still got out of the house. Wednesday was fairly cold again, down to -5 or so, but the kids wanted OUT. I dressed them up and sent them out to the garage to play. They stayed out there playing around for over an hour! Wednesday night we got a stupid snow storm. Darn winter! Josh still had school yesterday, but it was too cold for the kids to even go to the garage to play.
So, today is their second day "stuck" inside. It's still not very warm out today. And THAT's why they're stir crazy!
Oh, we also have some weird something happening with the sump pump in the basement. It's been running for days, non-stop. Josh called the plumber from school this morning. He's only got parent teacher interviews for the morning, so he'll be home shortly after lunch and the plumber is supposed to come then to check things out.
There (maybe?) goes the emergency fund I wanted to get started with some of the tax return!

No comments:

Post a Comment