11.12.2007

11/12

We had Ruthie's birthday party yesterday. I overheard her talking to herself (maybe her toys) in her room saying "That was the best day ever!", so I think it's safe to assume she had a good day. Her birthday cake worked out, though I was worried for a time, but she was happy with it and that's what matters.
I'm uploading pictures of the party yesterday, and a few pictures from Friday (her actual birthday) of cupcakes and gifts that night.
I think one of the best parts of this all is that now I'm done with birthdays for a good while! They're fun, but 3 in just over 3 weeks is a lot to handle, especially with Halloween thrown in there! Now on to Christmas!!
I should mention, too, last week while on my way into town for MOTS, I hit a deer. Well, a combination of me driving and it running into the side of the van. Anyways, we're dealing with insurance and they want to write it off - not an option for us. There is a buy out option, but we need to figure out if we'd get enough through that to get the van back on the road. Silly, because it's driving and working totally fine - just the same as always, after a wheel alignment. But because it's older and not in mint condition, better they write it off than fix it... apparently. We'll see how it all goes. We need to go in next Monday for another estimate. I think Josh is going to take a personal day and take the van in to deal with the guys there. The guy who did the estimate when I took it in definitely didn't do a good job. He told me first thing it would be a write off and then stood by the wall, talking to a cop (there for an estimate himself) and did the whole estimate from there. Doesn't really make sense to me. Anyways, we're going to go in and, at the very least, let them know how this guy treated me and the kids. I really don't care if I am a young girl, with a whole van load of kids, I still deserve respect and to be treated fairly.

No comments:

Post a Comment