11.23.2007

sick kids - 11/23

Yet again, we have sick kids.
We've all had ongoing colds since the end of September. A couple days ago Isaac started getting really whiny and clingy. Yesterday I went in to MOTS in the morning and he was miserable, and so hot. So, after a quick lunch, I dropped the older 2 off at Jill and Reg's house and took Isaac to the walk-in.
Yup, ear infection in both ears. And his temp in the office was 39.9 (under arm). HOT. So he's got antibiotics and we're giving him Advil and Tylenol, alternately, every 3 hours to keep the pain and fever down. Definitely seems to be helping him - he's up and playing around and he ate a bit for supper last night and a little bit at breakfast this morning.
Unfortunately, I think Zech is in the same boat as Isaac. He's not feeling well at all, and has a fever (temp was 38.3 underarm last night). I'm giving him Advil and Tylenol, the same as Isaac, though it doesn't seem to being doing much yet. If this continues, he'll have to miss his swim lesson tomorrow (I don't really want any water in his ears right now, if they're infected, and besides that, I don't think he'd be up for it anyways) and we'll take him to the walk-in, too.
On the bright side, I went to the new walk-in in town. The Dr was really nice, good with Isaac, even with his ear-piercing screaming, and I'm going to see about transferring us all to him. At the very least, even if we have to go to the walk-in there, we'd see one of only 5 or 6 Drs, instead of any one of the 50 we see now.
I think that's about it for now. Ruthie did wake up warm this morning, so we'll be keeping an eye on her as well.
Apparently ear infections are contagious here?!

No comments:

Post a Comment