3.25.2011

oh dear - 03/25

Yesterday was an... interesting day. I took Levi and Isaac to town, for my MOTS group, in the morning. That went all right and afterwards we met a friend for lunch. Then I thought I'd stop at the mall and pick up a couple things before coming home to meet the older 2 after school. Everything was fine until we got to the last store.
We went in the store, as usual Isaac went one way to look at toys and I went the other to grab something for Levi with the baby things. I don't know exactly what confused Isaac - I did drop something and bent over to pick it up, maybe he looked for me then and didn't see me? - but he ended up leaving the store to look for me. I paid for Levi's stuff and went to where I thought Isaac was. He wasn't there. I looked all around the store. Not there. I went out of the store, looked both ways hoping to see him on a bench or by the fountain. Nope, not there. I started to walk off, to look for him, then realized it wouldn't help to run all over the mall looking by myself. I went back into the store I'd just left and asked them to call security.
Thank heavens, a lady had seen Isaac looking for me and had taken him to guest services. He was sitting there talking to the ladies when I came up - calm and happy until he saw me, then tears and more tears. Poor little guy.
He is fine now, and hopefully will remember never to leave a store without Josh or me!

So, looking for him and all that made me late getting home for Ruth and Zech - thankfully Zech stayed to play at the school for a good while and Ruthie went with a friend to walk their dogs. They were none the wiser that I was late!

To end off the day Levi decided to grab my glasses - yet again, this is a many-times-a-day thing - but yesterday was the "straw that broke" my glasses! I did keep my old black pair, and am wearing them now, so I am not blind. But these ones are quite worn, scratched and spotty.
Over spring break (next week) I will be making an eye appointment and looking into getting contacts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment