7.07.2012

my birthday surprise!

We got home from Regina Saturday late afternoon. It had been a hot day, the kids had been busy with Grandma, noone had eaten supper yet. We had put steaks to marinate earlier in the week, and had bought some really yummy fresh vegetables at the farmer's market to make salad. Again, the kids settled for hotdogs (this is not a punishment! making them eat steak generally is, however!). But the best part was what we walked in to see... (for those who don't know, I turned 30 on the 30th!
the dining room

cake! Ruthie decorated - the silver balls make "30"

I had help blowing out the candles

The kids all made cards for me (even Levi!), and had picked out gifts with Grandma. Isaac picked out yummy chocolates - white chocolate raspberry macaroons! Zech picked out a new coffee travel mug and some coffee, and Ruthie picked out a pair of pink pearl earrings.
Even if it didn't mean the world to me that they thought of and did all this for my birthday (which it totally does!), they were all so proud of themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment