4.03.2007

where is spring?! - 04/03

I want it to be spring all ready! I'm tired of cold and yucky weather! :P
While Patti, Ken, and Kendle were here it was mostly so nice. Heck a couple days were up at 15 and 16 degrees. We were outside a ton, the kids could run and play forever out there, we were in short sleeves.
Now it's freezing again. Literally. It's not been above zero now for about 4 days. I am not pleased!
Speaking of Josh's family - we had a great visit with them! I'm so glad they came out. Some parts weren't great, as Patti's father is sick and not doing very well (falling many times) and That's hard for everyone to see and deal with. But, at the same time, it is all a part of life and living, ya know?
Anyways, it was AWESOME to see the kids with Gramma and Grampa! They just had a wonderful time playing and reading and just spending time together. We tease Patti and Ken about moving back to MB, but really we would love to have them come back out here.
Mostly we bummed around, in and out of town, just spending time together. We did get to the winter fair with everyone on Wed, and we had a birthday party for Grampa Sam on Tues evening. It was really a nice visit!
The only sad part about any visits is the goodbye at the end. I hate that we're coming to a point where we can just say goodbye without really feeling sad at all. I hate that we're getting used to not having family close for very long. I really hate that. I miss being close to everyone, like I was always in NS. I miss seeing everyone often.
Mostly, though, I am sad when I see what the kids are missing out on by us living where we do. They, honestly, flourish from the love and attention from their grandparents. They are totally different kids when family is here. I know they have been sad and depressed about everyone leaving, as they've not been the same since Thurs morning.
I do wish Patti and Ken would move back here. I see that they're even different when they're here versus in BC. Maybe not Ken so much (though he's always happy and smiling when he's around the grandbabies!), but definitely Patti. You can tell she feels "at home" in the prairies. I understand, though, that it's not easy to up and leave everything you've known for so long. But still, I wish.
Josh, I know, hopes that someday his and my parents will move out here. I don't know if that will ever happen. I don't know that I can see it happening. But I do wish and hope, too!
And, well, I guess that's it for now. I didn't mean for this to turn into a pity party, but I guess that's just how I'm sorta feeling right now.
This week we're trying to get back into the swing of things. Yesterday was Josh's first day back to school, and I took Ruth and Zechariah to the dentist for the first time. They both did great and there are no concerns or anything!!! :o) Today, in just a few minutes, we'll be getting ready to go into town for Ruthie's dance class. I'm always glad to see her dancing and having a great time! Oh, and the kids start swimming lessons this weekend! I'm excited to see how they do, especially Zech. I think it will make a big difference for both of them in the water.
I do have some pictures that I need to upload to the site, which I'll get around to doing when I have the chance! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Good Day!! I thought I should let you know that I have updated our blog and will try to be more punctual about it. I hope that you and your family will be having a great easter weekend!

    We are well--trying to propperly plan out our vacation time. It is so hard to find a healthy balance btw his family/her family/friends/just us......
    hopefully we will find something that works.
    Wishing you guys have some great weather this week end!

    ReplyDelete