7.04.2007

busy busy busy!!! - 07/04

We definitely are!
Josh had his very last day of work on Friday, and it was only a half day, at that! We're enjoying the summer break, though it hasn't really been much "break" thus far, just some summer!
We were in town Friday evening and got hit by (as it turned out) one of Josh's students. Nothing major, noone hurt, we're all fine. There is some damage to the front passenger side of the van, and the door squawks something terrible when opened, but we're going to have that assessed by Insurance next week. In the meantime, it's driving just fine.
We're hoping to be able to get it fixed by some place in Winnipeg while we're away in NS. We should be able to do it that way and get free parking! :o) Sneaky, we are!
We stopped by the walk-in clinic to have Zech and myself seen for a second. Zech's been having more tummy pain, and we needed more Zantac for him anyways, so we got a new Rx and upped his doses a bit. Hopefully that will help. If not, we'll have to get him checked out more andmaybe try something different for him. I just needed to get a lab req for some bloodwork. I was having some bleeding troubles on Friday and Saturday and thought I should get my platelet and iron levels checked out. I realized (tsk tsk on me) that I haven't had my platelets checked in... probably nearly a year now... and should be getting them checked probably every couple months. So, I need to stay more on top of that, I think.
We haven't stopped since then, though. Saturday we had to come into town for groceries. And Saturday was my birthday, too! 25 years old! Josh bbq'ed me some steak, veggies, and potatoes after the kids went to bed and got me an ice cream cake. He also bought me this really pretty ring,
and the kids picked out a bookmark and some candies for me! Good birthday!!!
Thanks, by the by, to everyone for the birthday cards! :o) Can't wait to be home to thank you all in person!
Sunday night we went in to Brandon to watch the fireworks. Isaac really loved them! Very late night getting home though.
Monday we had to come in to Brandon again for Brett and Jeff's birthday party. They had it at a hotel and the kids had a BLAST swimming and going on the water slide. Zech was paddling around and jumping in with JUST his water wings on, and he and Lukey went on the water slide (ALONE!!) over and over and over and over... and over!!!! They were adorable! Aside from a few minutes to eat pizza and cake, Zech was in the pool or on the slide from about 4-9:30. He was TIRED after that! I think he'll have a great time at Magic Mountain this summer, though! Yay!! Can't wait for him to be able to show Nana and Papa how well he's doing, he'll be so proud!
Tuesday, again, we had to go into Brandon. I was too late on Friday to make it to the labs and then they were closed all long weekend. Got that done, then had to run a few little errands and pick up a couple things for camping.
Today, we're home and bumming around. I'm working on finishing up a couple computer things and getting laundry done and packed for the weekend! We're on the go again tomorrow morning! We're off, first, to drop Myles at the kennel we found near here (the same one he'll stay at when we fly to NS) and then we'll make a stop in Brandon to pick up a few groceries, then it's on to Yorkton, SK. Jen and Paul and the kids are all up there at a rodeo, and they want us to come too, so we're going to go up tomorrow and camp there tomorrow night. Apparently (I've seen pictures!) there's a really great water centre there with a wave pool, so we'll have fun swimming again.
Friday we'll leave Yorkton and continue on up to Saskatoon. I know a girl online (met her down in Minot a few months back) from Saskatoon and we're going to go up and stay with Shelen and Mat for the weekend. We'll be back here sometime (probably later) Sunday night!
*I'll be sure to remember to call Dad on Saturday, from Shel's - it's his birthday!*
Then there's nothing much planned (thank goodness!) until we leave for Winnipeg on the 18th to stay and fly out on the 19th! :D
So, I'll post when I get a chance, and I'm sure I'll have more pictures to share. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment