6.16.2010

2 days old! - 06/16

Baby Levi is 2 and a half days old now... seems impossible, almost.
He's a sweet little baby, very content. He eats and sleeps a lot, but is really bright and wide-eyed when awake.
The first night (in the hospital) he slept for a 4-5hr stretch! Last night he gave me another 3-4hr stretch. I'm in hopes that it continues - getting just one chunk of sleep like that makes all the difference in getting through the day for me.

We came home yesterday afternoon. In the morning the Dr came by to check Levi - all was fine and well, he was discharged right then.
I had to wait for the OB to come discharge me (during his rounds he would stop by) and we did another CBC (to check platelets and hemoglobin) as well. The OB said that he wanted to see what the results were, where my platelets were, before discharging me - it would possibly be that afternoon, or could be another day there if they were still low.
When we first arrived, in labor, my platelets were 63 - not great, but certainly better than the 54 they were just on Saturday. The on-call OB ordered 2 bags of platelets from Winnipeg, which were transfused during pushing and after Levi was born.
So, we sat around yesterday and waited to see what the news would be. After lunch the lab results came back - platelets up to 86 and hemoglobin up to 114 (116 is normal). Not too bad. My nurse called my OB and he said that was fine for discharge.
So, home we came!

The kids are very happy to have Mommy and Baby Levi home with them. They're very excited about their new baby brother and love to love him. It's a bit overwhelming at times for the baby, I think, but we're all learning to make things fit in this new family.

I took more pictures with Josh's camera today - so don't expect them to be nearly as nice as his, even with his finishing touches! - I hope he'll get a couple done either tonight or tomorrow and get them on here to share!

I'm on the hunt for a different photo site, one that I can get to easier and just use more easily. For now, we'll put pictures on here and get a big batch on the dropshots site when I can, and I still need to get the dance recital videos on there too for you.

Bear with me, I'm feeling well, though very tired, and I want to spend all the time I can just cuddling and getting to know little Levi!
If nothing else, I'll ask Josh to just throw on some pictures here to look at.

1 comment:

  1. bluedaisyj (jul)8:32 pm, June 17, 2010

    He's so precious and great story!! (and I can't believe he was born 13 days after Kailani and outweighs him by almost 2 lbs!) Enjoy your babymoon <3

    ReplyDelete